Thursday, July 31, 2014

It's been a while.....

Sorry I haven't posted in so long.  That's mainly because I'm lazy....at least when it comes to maintaining my blog.  So what has happened since my last post in February?  Well, lets see...
My training time has increased, and my weight and waistline have decreased.  I'm down to around 200 lbs (90 kilos for the rest of the world) and my pant size has dropped down to a respectable 33.  Considering I weighed around 239 when I started, and was a size 38, I'm pleased with the results so far.

As for races,

I ran a 5k race (and won my age group with a time of 22:58),
I competed in a sprint distance tri with a time of 1:30, and
I competed in an olympic distance tri with a time of 2:59.

Some interesting tidbits: in the olympic race, I cut 7 minutes off of my swim time from the last olympic (in Düsseldorf), 6 minutes off my bike time, and a whopping 10 minutes off of my run time!

I am gearing up for my 1/2 iron distance on September 7th, and for fun I signed up for another olympic distance on September 21st (the day after my 44th birthday).

My goal for the 1/2 iron is a time under 6 hours.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment